What We Do
ACUA is a non profit Ukrainian arts organization. It is the mandate of ACUA to facilitate and encourage greater appreciation and awareness of the Ukrainian arts and their cultural significance to the greater Alberta community.
Through exhibitions, tours, festivals, educational programs, workshops, and special projects, ACUA promotes growth and provides support to the Ukrainian arts and artists living in Alberta.
To foster the growth and awareness of all forms of Ukrainian arts in Alberta.
To educate the public with respect to the Ukrainian arts. To support and promote Ukrainian artists and their work through a variety of activities that engage the broader Alberta public.
One of ACUA’s major efforts is to renew and to increase membership by developing and implementing a new membership campaign. The focus is intended to increase awareness of the organization, to excite and engage new members to join and participate in supporting the activities and programs of the organization.
ACUA accomplishes its mission in these ways:
- Educating the public in Ukrainian art forms through workshops and lectures.
- Engaging and involving the community with respect Ukrainian arts and cultural traditions.
- Publishing ACUA Vitae arts and culture magazine.
- Creating awareness by publishing, sharing, and disseminating information about Ukrainian art and culture.
- Maintaining an online directory of Ukrainian Canadian artists.
- Providing community outreach.
- Providing artists and community organizations with opportunities including a venue to display, promote, and provide professional development opportunities to help introduce them to the greater community.
- Granting scholarships and awards that support Ukrainian Canadian artists and art projects that promote Ukrainian art and culture.